WHO WE ARE
MoKo Home + Living is bringing modern furniture designs and world-class customer service to every Kenyan family. Our customers dream of a welcoming place to sleep, relax, and host their guests, but they tell us this isn’t easy – they either have to break the bank or settle for low-quality furniture. Join us in building the products, the brand, and the operations, to put quality, affordable living within everyone’s reach. Since our founding, we have reached over 2500,000 Kenyan homes with our products, attracted global investment, and grown from a start-up to a growth-stage company with 350+ employees
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We’re looking to add customer-oriented, analytical people to our Customer Engagement team. You’ll be motivated by building relationships with a portfolio of long-term customers – whether they are hustling in Gikomba or running a major supermarket. You’ll take pride in keeping everyone’s accounts in order – making sure the dozens of clients you manage are fully stocked while keeping on top of their account payments. Most importantly, you’ll be eager to take on more responsibility and grow your career as part of our team.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Customer care and support
● Respond to inbound calls or messages from customers seeking to make an inquiry or place and order.
● Capture customer orders accurately and in a timely manner.
● Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times.
● Maintain communication with customers through various channels as guided by your supervisor i.e. WhatsApp, Phone calls, Messages.
● Communicating and coordinating with colleagues as necessary.
● When you are working on customer care, you should expect to work at the customer care center in Mlolongo (See location of ‘Quipbank’ on Google Maps). However, you can discuss with the Customer Experience Manager the option to work from home.
Lead Nurturing / Contributions to customer experience
● Follow up on leads to nurture positive relationships with them and help them place orders
● Propose new ideas about ways to engage our customers on our digital communication channels (phone, whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, Website etc)
● Support implementation of projects related to improving our communications to customers.
● Adhere to set shift’s and working times as required and communicated by your manager.
● In your day-to-day work, you are also encouraged to and may be requested to:
● Suggest improvements that could be made to any of our processes, customer service practices.
Provide input to the process and content we use to nurture leads into potential sales
● Provide support during the on-boarding of new team members that may include but not limited to shadowing and coaching.
● Support on other projects across the company
GENERAL COMPETENCY EXPECTATIONS
• Plan your time to work effectively and productively with little or no supervision
• Collaborate effectively with colleagues, achieving positive feedback from others
• Demonstrate 100% ownership of your work, i.e. you take initiative to solve problems
• Willingness to continuously grow and learn, receiving feedback with a positive mindset
• Demonstrate strong analytical thinking in your written work and decision-making