WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a manufacturer and retailer of home furniture products. We pride ourselves on creativity, passion, and fun. Our customers dream of a welcoming place to sleep, relax, and host their guests, but they tell us this isn’t easy – they either have to break the bank or settle for low-quality furniture. Join us in building the products, the brand, and the operations, to put high- quality, affordable living within everyone's reach. Since our founding, we have reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products, attracted global investment, and grown from a start-up to mid-sized company with 350+ employees.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We’re looking for a Head of Growth to create a growth engine that allow us to sustain the current exponential pace of growth. You will be excited to identify and analyse new growth opportunities, to create a clear strategy around those opportunities and to design and roll out interventions to take advantage of those opportunities. You will have a passion to translate the proven interventions into systems and processes that can be executed by the retail, customer care and marketing teams – that you will directly manage – so that our growth is both fast-pace and sustainable.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- You will identify the growth strategy and implement levers to achieve it. Some of the strategic questions that you will tackle will include: what are the essential component of our value proposition to customer and what is the optimal price? What are the triggers and signal that will indicate that we need to expand outside of Nairobi? What are the new sales channels that we should consider and what is the best sequence and pace of introduction? How do we convince more customer to shop directly online?
- You will work closely with the CEO and CCO to identify the main factors that drive our top line growth but also our profitability and sustainability. You will be directly involved in conducting key analysis and strategic discussions that drive the overall company’s strategy
- You will lead 3 teams – retail, marketing and customer care – to continuously improve their efficiency to drive improvements of our unit economics. The improvements that you will consider and coach the team to identify and execute will include: how can we make our cost of digital sales more effective? How can we increase the productivity of your showrooms? How can we consistently achieve the customers’ happiness score target?
- You will continuously ask how you can delegate your current tasks so that you can move your focus to the next big-growth opportunity. With that goal in mind, you will design processes and systems that will support team to execute what is expected from them while creating smiles for our customers.
- You will invest in creating a team of leaders that is always ready for the next challenge they will face: you will coach you direct report to improve their capabilities, you will use both internal analysis and external benchmarks to identify capacity gaps in the sales teams and in manager skills and will organize training to fill those gaps. You will create a scalable and predictable organization structure that can keep up with the fast growth while giving opportunities for growth to the Mokoers in the teams.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You have 3+ years of management consulting experience, or experience in growth or innovation teams in fast-paced environments.
- You are a highly analytical problem-solver, with a proven track record of analysing and solving complex strategic problems.
- You are a structured & experienced project manager, adept at leading cross-functional teams, taking initiatives from concept to implementation.
- You excel in data analysis and enjoy digging into data to find actionable insights.
- You are an excellent people manager, who can motivate and grow the team reporting to you.
- You have a track record work working well with peers and managing ‘upwards’
- You love tackling tough problems and having fun in the process.
- Check out this video with more details on what we’re looking for.
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
You’ll join the leadership team of one of East Africa’s most successful growth-stage companies, playing a key role in our development into a major enterprise. You’ll learn first-hand how a thriving venture is operated, with the opportunity to expand your skills and responsibilities as your team and our company grow.
We believe this distinct and rare experience is the most valuable benefit we offer new leaders who join our team. In addition to this, you’ll earn a competitive salary and benefits package benchmarked against lean mid-sized companies. You’ll also be awarded stock options, allowing you to participate in the value you create as a leader of our team.